Meet Fridays from 6:15 to 7:45.
|Summer 2109 Provisional Scout Programme|
|03/05/19||Games (Garth park, Pingle field or in the hall, depending on the weather). Meet at the hall at the usual time. Wear jogging bottoms or shorts, trainers and a Scout polo shirt.|
|10/05/19||Shooting and games, Horley. This event will take place even if it is raining. Meet at the campsite at 6.30 & collect at 8.00. Wear old clothes, coat, hike boots or old trainers (it will be muddy). Under Scouting rules we must have written permission before Scouts can shoot, so don’t forget to return your slip. If you need directions to the site, please email.|
|17/05/19||Preparation for the Netherlands. Alternative activities will be provided for Scouts not going.|
|Cycle safety & bike maintenance (They do not need to bring a bike).
We will also be testing the Musicians badge. This is a staged badge, so the children choose the level that is achievable but a bit of a challenge. If your child would like to do this badge, please email me in advance, to say what instrument they play and what stage they would like to do. https://members.scouts.org.uk/supportresources/4285/musician-staged-activity-badge
|31/05/19||half term. No meeting|
|07/06/19||Wide games at Kirtlington|
|14/06/19||Prepare for Netherlands parents evening. Alternative activities will be provided for Scouts that did not go. Scouts meet at usual times, parents are invited to come at 7.15|
|28/06/19||Health and fitness evening. We will also test Physical Recreation and Martial Arts badges(details below) so please bring in certificates, photos or medals, if relevant|
|05/07/19||Bicester 5km walk. More details to follow.|
|12/07/19||Cycle ride. Meet at the hall at 6.15, with a road-worthy bike of appropriate size and cycle helmet (compulsory). Collect from the hall at 8.15. High visibility jackets will be provided.|
|19/07/19||Water games & ice cream sundaes. Arrive in shorts, an old t-shirt and water shoes, crocs or an extra pair of trainers that can get wet. Bring a towel, complete change of clothes in a plastic bag and an extra pair of trainers to change back into after the water games.|
The programme this term is very dependent on the weather and likely to change at short notice, so please check your emails before meetings. We suggest the Scouts bring a named bottle of water or squash if it is hot, as we are unable to provide drinks during meetings. During the summer term, the Scouts should wear the Group Polo shirt, neckerchief and navy or black trousers (no denim, jogging bottoms or leggings) with Scout fleece if cold. Please see Paul at the start of the meeting if you need a Scout Polo shirt (£8) or fleece jacket (£18). Subs of £30 for the summer term are now due.
7th June Meet at the small green, opposite the pond in Kirtlington, at 6.15. Collect at 7.45. Wear old clothes and neckerchief and bring a drink. Parking is very limited so please lift share if possible. When you have dropped your child please move off so that other parents can park. If it is very wet this will be cancelled. We will email parents on the day, at about 4.00pm if the weather is not looking good.
Sunday 23rd June Group AGM and Family Social at Horley scout campsite
Physical Recreation (swimming is not included as this is covered by a different badge)
- Regularly take part in an active sport or physical pursuit, which you haven’t already gained an activity badge for. It could be rugby, football, tennis, gymnastics or a pursuit like walking, yoga or dancing. Normal PE or games lessons do not count (although after school clubs do).
- Show a reasonable level of skill in your sport or pursuit. Show how you’ve improved over time.
- Explain the rules or guidelines that govern the sport or pursuit you chose.
- Show how you would prepare before taking part in your sport or pursuit. You could run through any special equipment or clothes you need and any warm-up and warm-down routines.
- Explain how to care for the equipment you use. Explain what you should look out for when the equipment is nearing the end of its life.
Martial Arts Activity Badge
- Take part in a regular martial arts activity that’s recognised by your sports council for at least six months. Show how you’ve improved by at least one level over that period.
- Take part in a competition or demonstration and talk about your performance with an instructor.